Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day Ten: Garnish















What we Did
: Played With Our Food (Some Would Call It Garnish).

Garnish is all about looks. But, if indeed we do eat with our eyes, then garnish has a roll to play in our world of culinary delights.

Of course, I am not sure that making a zucchini look like a flower makes me more hungry. As Jean-Jacques Paimblanc said, "less is better." That is all I am going to say on that topic.

If my attempts today are an accurate reflection of my skills in the field, I will not being doing much garnishing in the future. I am not sad about this.

In the afternoon we shared four hours with the health inspector. And, well, the less said about this the better.

Quote of the Day: "Think like the vermin!" (On what your approach should be in tackling the problem of pests in the commercial kitchen.)

No comments: